23/02/2014

Bread: The Dough Collective


So I thought I would do a quick post to share my discovery before I sleep. And this is about BREAD :)


Today, I went into the city of Sydney and people were handing out pamphlets on George Street. I got one and it said a new bread store is now opened. Tempted by the 'buy two get one free' offer, my mum and I stopped by. The store is nicely furbished and their breads are displayed in cabinets, so you can pick the ones you like. It's basically like BreadTop or 85 degrees (another two bread retailers in Sydney).

The bread on the first row is Hokkaido Azuki Toast - sweet mixed beans.
The second one, which was S-shaped before we cut it, is Sailor's Special - Tuna, garlic, shallots, walnuts, onions, pepper & cream cheese.

Personally I don't really like bread so I can't comment a lot on the taste. The taste distinguish them from ordinary supermarket breads which is nice, but on the downside, they are a bit dry & chewy. They sure have an unique varieties (e.g. 'Sweet n Savoury Ring' - 2 in 1 !) So if you wanna try something new, I would highly recommend you to give it a go.

The Dough Collective: http://doughcollective.com.au/



0 comments:

Post a Comment