07/03/2014

Osaka in Photosgraphos


Taking photographs while travelling is an absolute pleasure. With these photos in hand, they are like a travel journal that you can revisit anytime and anywhere. While looking forward to a new journey is exciting, reminiscing the past brings back so much good times. 

This is a follow-up post for my Osaka trip. I figured out that my main post would be overwhelmed by pictures if I've included all these pictures here. So here they are! Whether you've been to Osaka or not, I hope you enjoy this little recollection of Osaka.


Osaka Castle Park


It was Autumn when we were visiting Japan.


You don't simply expect to see a vintage public telephone there. 
But yes, it's standing next to a modern one.


Stairs & Trees seem to ease away all your worries.


In front of the Osaka Castle


Colourful fallen leaves......technically it should be deciduous trees


Osaka Municipal Symphonic Band discovered!



Old Osaka City Museum - it is closed down in 2001 


The developed and conserved.


The juxtaposition of modern buildings and historical sites.






These are all sakura trees. 
When they blossom in Spring, here becomes a popular place for Hanami (花見) - flower viewing. 


Is it some kind of finance centre? 
Actually, it's the Osaka police headquarters.


The district of Shinsekai - where the famous Tsutenkaku (通天閣) is located.


Lookout from Tsutenkaku


A local shopping street 


Kinryu Ramen - tried its ramen at the age of 10 - astonished by its deliciousness.
It's a shame that I didn't have time to try it again in 2012. Will be back next time.


Some lemon teatime.


Dotonbori after the rain.


This picture is unedited - you can see the vibrant colour of the trees.


Jump Magazine Shop - manga fans must-visit-place



A sparkling Christmas Tree at Osaka Station.



A souvenir bought from Osaka Castle Museum.



All photos are taken by me with my old Panasonic DMC-FX48. You probably have noticed that I don't have any night scenic pictures, because the camera's functionality at night is very poor. I also tried not to edit much by using filters and HDR as I want to show you the original beauty of those scenes as close as possible.

You can enjoy more pictures and read my detailed travel journal of Osaka here: http://photosgraphostravel.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/japan-osaka-shinsaibashiosaka.html




0 comments:

Post a Comment